Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Here in Jersualem we are staying in the Armenian Hospice which lucky for us, is located on top of the third station of the cross. This means that on the spot I am sleeping, Jesus slipped and fall while carrying his cross. Thus I get to hear the songs and prayers of pilgrims from all over the world all day long. It is also frustrating because I get lumped in with every other pilgrim and tourist here. I think the hardest thing thus far was going to Bethlehem and crossing the wall without even a blink just because I hold a U.S. passport when everyday people are separated from their friends, family and farms all in the name of Israeli expansion. It does help though that I speak Arabic because I am living in the Arab quarter (under a partitioned city, that would be Palestine. Fortunately there is no way to figure out how to divide the city so for now it is under Divine Rule) At least that sets me apart from the masses of tourists who walk by without looking at the dirty Arab who is trying to pawn off cheap souveneirs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment