“All this feels strange and untrue and I won’t waste a minute without you. My bones ache my skin feels cold and I’m getting so tired and so old. The anger swells in my guts and I won’t feel these slices and cuts. I want so much to open your eyes cuz I need you to look into mine. Tell me that you’ll open your eyes. Get up, get out, get away from these liars cuz they don’t get your soul or your fire. Take my hand knot your fingers through mine and we’ll walk from this dark room for the last time. Every minute from this minute now we can do what we like anywhere. I want so much to open your eyes cuz I need you to look into mine. Tell me that you’ll open your eyes.” (Snow Patrol)
Well, spring has certainly sprung here in Egypt. It is so, so, so nice to be warm. Feb. 28, I wore pants, long socks, long sleeve shirt, light sweater and a light jacket. Feb 29, I just wore the long sleeve shirt and light jacket and pants. March 1, I only wore the long sleeve shirt and pants and I could tell that the air changed to a warm, dry wind. I could actually feel the difference between the two days; it was very weird. And on Friday, March 7, I sat in front of our open balcony doors in a tank top and shorts because it was 89 degrees F! I absolutely love the smell of the air, the sound of the birds and the feel of the breeze through my hair. So wonderful! :)
We leave for Turkey on Tuesday night (3 am). We will have wireless in most of the hotels so I will be able to send updates when I am sitting in the hotel with a laptop. (I am not sure if I want to pack mine, and I am pretty sure there will not be a whole lot of sitting in the hotels going on.) I am just excited to learn and feel humanity without the extra burden of testing for Arabic and Islamic Thought and Practice.
Mmmk, happy Easter to you all, please eat a couple of peeps in honor of me. I will enjoy some Turkish delight with you in mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment