Photography

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Eighth?

So I have returned from the cruise from hell. I am trying really hard to not regret having gone on it, but the $180 I no longer have is hard to ignore. After taking a 14 hour train ride, we boarded a boat and sailed from Aswan to Luxor with stops along the way to visit various temples and ruins. The trip ended in Luxor with visits to Valley of the Kings and several other famous ruins. Unfortunately, I got sick right as we arrived at Luxor and spent the entire day between my bed and the bathroom. Luxor was the only city I really, really wanted to visit while in Egypt and I had to spend my opportunity sick in a small cabin of a Nile cruise boat. I am now working on re-acquainting myself with Egyptian culture. I spent my sick days lying in the cabin listening to my music and watching my favorite movies/the only movies I brought to Egypt: “Legends of the Fall” (thanks Dad), “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers”, and “Step Up”. During that time, I lost touch with the fact that I am in a foreign culture with a foreign dominant religion. Now I am not only trying to keep food down but also trying to feel comfortable here again. Hopefully that will happen soon because I am constantly reminded how few days here I have left. Sad how as soon as I feel like I am ok here, I have to leave it. Once again, another reason to return sometime in my future. :)
I also wanted to let you know that for the next three weeks, I will have reliable internet once a week and potential connection every night. Feel free to Facebook and e-mail me and I can hear about your adventures too! Ok, good night and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment