I have realized that I can even use the blog to update little details! Now we can really stay connected. :)
It is still cold here. I did not bring enough sweaters because, as I have said, I did not expect the desert to be cold. Thankfully the intern living here had sweaters in her flat that other students left here. So I am borrowing them for the time being. Il Hamdu li llah- thanks be to God!
I am coming to wish that I hated the food here, because it is a whole bunch of really tasty hummus, bread, noodles, rice and meat products of varying kinds (fish, beef, chicken). This incredibly carb heavy diet is going to leave an impact on my body. Thus leaving me wishing that it were not so tasty. Cest la vie.
So in the event that those of you who care are worried, please do not be. The riots that are on the news are not anywhere close to where I am staying. Besides, living in a city I see riots almost daily. But Cairo has a very prepared police force to stand in the targeted streets and keep control. Nothing that I wouldn't see/experience anywhere else. However, please keep me in your prayers regarding my attitude. I am struggling with expressing sympathy and empathy for my colleagues who are struggling with the culture. This is not good for me and definitely not for them. Thank you!
Finally, I do get on Skype in the evenings (Colorado is nine hours behind, Washington ten).
Peace, love and falafel grease,
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment